HOW IT WORKS:
Once you have purchased a firearm from another dealer, the selling dealer will need a copy of our FFL before your firearm can be shipped. It is your responsibility to provide us with either an email address (preferred) or a fax number of the seller/dealer in order for us to send a copy of our FFL. Some dealers already have our FFL on file.
When the firearm arrives at The Sporting Shoppe, we will in-process it, call you to let you know it arrived, and lock it up until you can come and pick it up.
The process isn’t always flawless. It is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure the seller received the FFL, payment, and all information necessary for the seller to ship the firearm. The seller will usually put your contact information in with the shipment for The Sporting Shoppe staff to contact you. From time to time, the buyers contact information may be incorrect. It is recommended that the buyer follow up with the seller first, then The Sporting Shoppe if the transaction isn’t going as expected. If contact information was incorrect or not provided, we have no way to let you know.
When you come to pick up your firearm, we will provide you with a form 4473 (Firearms Transaction Record) to fill out. The rightful owner of the firearm MUST be the one to fill out the form, in their own handwriting. We will verify the form has been filled out correctly and then submit a background check on-line. Once the background check has been approved and the mandatory 7-day wait has been satisfied (Handguns with no RI Carry Permit), payment for the transfer is made, the consumer may leave the store with the firearm.
Our inbound and outbound FFL Transfers are fast and competitively priced. We have a hassle free process and have transferred thousands of firearms.
INBOUND FIREARM TRANSFER
$25 per firearm
- Have the transferring dealer request our FFL via email. Remember the dealer must also be an FFL.
- Email us to make an appointment for pick up when your tracking number indicates we received your firearm.
- Bring your government issued ID (Non-passport). Government ID must be Rhode Island issued or if your ID is issued from another state you must bring proof of residency. This is typically property tax documents if you own a residence. All documents used to established residency must be from a Rhode Island government agency. Remember that your ID must not be expired.
Subject to background check
OUTBOUND FIREARM TRANSFER
$25 per firearm *
- Email to make an appointment.
- Bring the firearm to us along with your government issued ID (Non-passport).
- We will ship the firearm via UPS, FedEx or US Postal Service and email you the tracking number. We do NOT accept any shipping labels.
* Shipping and packaging fees may apply.
Subject to background check